RENT REPORTING POLICY
Policymakers across the country are recognizing rent reporting as a strategy that can help constituents and build strong, more resilient communities. Below are examples of rent reporting policy efforts at the state or local level.
Know of other legislative efforts related to rent reporting? Want to start one in your locality? Contact us.
- Tenancy: credit reporting: lower income households. Passed 2020, goes into effect July 2021.
District of Columbia
- Public Housing Credit-Building Pilot Program Amendment Act of 2018. Passed 2018, went into effect in January 2020.
- Report Tenant Rent Payment Information To Credit Agencies, Passed and goes into effect 2021.
- An Act Relative to Credit Building. Proposed 2018.
- Cuomo's Comprehensive Proposal in FY 2020 Executive Budget to Increase Access to Housing. Expressed as a priority in 2019.