FUNDING ALERT FOR HOUSING PROVIDERS
- Do you own or operate affordable housing rental properties in Florida, North Carolina, or South Carolina?
- Are you interested in offering rent reporting at your properties in the next year?
- Do you have the staff capacity for implementing a new program while increasing staff knowledge on credit?
Credit Builders Alliance (CBA) is offering grant funding and support for up to three housing providers in Florida, North Carolina, and South Carolina seeking to implement rent reporting.
With generous support from the TD Charitable Foundation, CBA is providing a $10,000 grant, two scholarships to CBA’s signature Credit as an Asset training, individualized technical assistance, and inclusion in a peer group of housing providers implementing rent reporting. Over one year, this cohort will work to implement rent reporting programs at their respective agencies.
- The potential to increase on-time payments
- An extra perk to attract residents
- The ability to combine rent reporting with credit building education for residents
- A credit building tool for residents without them taking on debt
Interested in applying?
Applications accepted through 7/10/2022.
Grant Activities & Participation Expectations
Monthly calls with CBA staff to support rent reporting implementation
Monthly group training calls with CBA staff and other housing providers to learn about rent reporting and share best practices for implementation
Two staff members join CBA’s Credit as an Asset training
Credit As An Asset (CAAA) is an interactive virtual training that provides an overview of today’s credit reporting industry as well as tools, strategies and information to help practitioners and their organizations integrate credit building activities and products into their work and outcomes. You can learn more about CAAA at: https://cbatraininginstitute.org/credit-as-asset/
Select a rent reporting mechanism, have two dedicated staff members as project leads, and track outcomes (including the number of residents enrolled, demographics, and benefits of rent reporting)
Interested in Learning More?
CBA is hosting information sessions about rent reporting and this funding opportunity. You can register for one of the sessions here:
INFO SESSION 1
6/28/22, 12:00pm Eastern Time
INFO SESSION 2
6/30/2022, 2pm Eastern Time