Rent Reporting & CBA’s TA Center in the News!
We’re stoked that CBA’s new Rent Reporting Technical Assistance has been getting media attention at local and national levels! Credit building may not be top of mind for everyone yet, but we think rent reporting can add some pizazz (and accessibility) to an often-daunting subject! Here’s a roundup of recent mentions:
- In her piece, “New tool uses rent payments to help young people establish credit” Washington Post’s Michele Lerner discusses disparities in credit score by race and includes rent reporting as a solution, citing CBA’s Rent Reporting TA Center as a tool for housing providers.
- Digital Journal’s Tim Sandle interviews CBA’s Chief Executive Office, Dara Duguay, for “Q&A: The wealth gap and providing credit for minorities,” discussing the development of the Rent Reporting TA Center and CBA’s partnership with Experian.
- CBA member and rent reporter Warren Village was highlighted in Mile High CRE’s article “Denver-Based Organization Launches Innovative and Collaborative Model for Housing Continuity and Stability.” Warren Village is launching a two-year pilot with BLDG Management, Inc, to support residents in maintaining housing stability with a two-generation approach. Through this pilot, they will expand their rent reporting work.
- In “‘Leveling the playing field’: Could rent reporting pave a path to greater financial inclusion?” Tearsheet’s Rivka Abramson shares the barriers that many renters face to building credit and promotes rent reporting (and CBA’s Rent Reporting TA Center!) as a solution.
- Equifax highlighted the power of rent reporting in “Credit Builders Alliance Believes Rent Reporting Can Open Credit Access,” focusing on CBA’s efforts focusing on improving access to credit for those with poor credit or who are credit invisible.
- Last but not least, Serena Williams invested in one of CBA’s vetted rental service providers, Esusu. While she may not know about our Rent Reporting TA Center yet, CBA was pleased to see that even pro-athletes are seeing the value of Rent Reporting!